Refugee Care Collective was born out of knowing that Portland has a story it’s stepping into, not just in receiving refugees, but in how we receive them and how they become part of our city. Through restart kits, in home English tutoring, family mentorship, and youth mentorship programs, we show our care and invite our newest friends to make Portland their home.
Volunteers through relational programs are asked to attend a volunteer orientation, before being matched with a refugee family. Email us here for details and to RSVP to one of the dates below.
Upcoming Volunteer Orientation Dates:
• Thursday, April 4th from 6:15-8:45pm in Inner SE Portland
• Thursday, May 2nd from 6:15-8:45pm in Inner SE Portland
What Is Needed Now:
• In Home English Tutors – Learn more about this volunteer opportunity here.
• Restart Kits – We are in need of kitchen kits and cleaning kits.
• Financial Support – Join our Monthly Giving Committee, and donate to RCC programs here.
If you work for a partnering agency, organization, or school and would like to refer a refugee client for enrollment in a RCC program, you can do so here.
Volunteer as an ELD tutor, and give the gift of English and self-sufficiency.
Filled with essential items needed to start over, these kits are a significant part of welcoming refugees in Portland.