Thank you for your interest. Please fill out this form so we can direct you to the volunteer program best suited for you. We’ll look forward to being in touch with next steps.
• Those interested in Family and Youth Mentorship will be considered for matching in the coming months. If you’re interested, fill out the form below and we’ll follow up in the coming weeks.
• All relational volunteer programs require an application and background check.
• Most refugee families will be placed in SE, with some in North Portland and the Beaverton/Tigard area. We will also be looking for some volunteers in Vancouver, WA. We prioritize matching relational volunteers for Family & Youth Mentorship, in these areas.
• Some of the local resettlement agencies require that client-facing volunteers are able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, in the application process. We have a question below asking if you’d be willing to share your vaccine status – this is so we can follow the guidelines set out by our resettlement agencies and match you with refugee families accordingly.
Brief Description of Each Volunteer Need:
REFUGEE CARE COLLECTIVE PROGRAMS –
• Family Mentorship: A 12-month commitment, matched with new arrivals or those who have lived in Portland for under five years. Looking for teams of 4-6 people, sometimes 2 people works as well. This can have an English language learning add-on or not. More here.
• Youth Mentorship: A 12-month commitment, matched usually one on one with junior high or high school students. More here.
• Restart Kits Team: Sort and organize Restart Kits 1-2 times per month at our Tigard Warehouse, as they are prepared for distribution to newly arriving families. We ask for a 6-month commitment. (We currently have enough volunteers for this team – select the option below to be added as a backup.)