Thank you for your interest. Please fill out this form so we can direct you to the volunteer program best suited for you. We’ll look forward to being in touch with next steps.
• All relational volunteer programs require an application and background check.
• Most refugee families will be placed in SE, with some in North Portland and the Beaverton/Tigard area. We will also be looking for some volunteers in Vancouver, WA and Salem, OR. We prioritize matching relational volunteers for Family & Youth Mentorship, in these areas.
• Some of the local resettlement agencies require that client-facing volunteers are able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, in the application process. We have a question below asking if you’d be willing to share your vaccine status – this is so we can follow the guidelines set out by our resettlement agencies and match you with refugee families accordingly.
Brief Description of Each Volunteer Need:
REFUGEE CARE COLLECTIVE PROGRAMS –
• Family Mentorship: A 12-month commitment, matched with new arrivals or those who have lived in Portland for under five years. Looking for teams of 4-6 people, sometimes 2 people works as well. This can have an English language learning add-on or not. More here.
• Youth Mentorship: A 12-month commitment, matched usually one on one with junior high or high school students. More here.
• Restart Kit Team: Sort and organize Restart Kits 1-2 times per month at our Tigard Warehouse, as they are prepared for distribution to newly arriving families. We ask for a 6-month commitment.
RESETTLEMENT AGENCY PROGRAMS –
We currently have enough volunteers for Transportation Requests, Apartment Setup, and Driver for Donation Pickups. If you would like to be added onto one of these lists as a backup, please email us here.
• Temporary Housing Assistance: Looking for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs) or rental homes for a 1 year lease at a discounted rate, or for a short-term (1-3 months) donation or at reduced cost. Please review our FAQ’s for details here.
• Interpreter: Providing assistance in key ways for new arrivals – scheduling appointments, paperwork, etc..