Our Response: Refugees Welcome
January 29, 2017
In 2015, Refugee Care Collective was formed to unite and equip people to welcome and walk alongside refugees in Portland. In this time, we’ve received an overwhelming response of generosity and support. In light of recent media attention and political efforts aimed at disparaging resettlement and support for refugees, our belief that “perfect love casts out fear” remains stronger than ever.
Where a person comes from or what they believe does not change our belief that all people are inherently made in the image of God. We are committed to providing care for all refugees, both those already resettled in Portland and those who have yet to arrive. We believe our voices will be heard through the depth of love we show, and our united concern and commitment will continue to communicate, “You are welcome here.”
Humanity extends beyond the borders of country, religion, and politics. We’re convinced that building bridges and opening arms of compassion is the way forward to a world marked by peace. We invite you to stand with us in solidarity for welcome, hope, and support of our new guests.
For such a time as this,
Refugee Care Collective
- Donation – GIVE to support the care of refugees in Portland.
- Email Address – SEND to be contacted about future ways to care for refugees in Portland.
- Petition – SIGN to show your support.
- Elected Officials – SHOW what you believe by contacting via phone-call.
- RCC Film – SHARE to lead your community in choosing love over fear.