Furniture & Household Item Donations
We partner with organizations that accept donations of new and gently used household items and furniture. These items help prepare apartments for newly arrived refugees. Pickup is available and tax receipts are given with accepted donations.
Note that all items are not able to be accepted at all times, as items are selected based off of condition, need, and room in storage. We kindly ask that furniture and household items be new or very gently used, with no stains or tears.
We’re in need of:
• Kitchen tables and chairs
• Sofas and loveseats
• Family room chairs
• Coffee tables and end tables
• Bedding (twin, double, and queen) and towels
• Baby items
Lutheran Community Services
Please contact Ben Gernert at Lutheran Community Services, at 503-731-9590 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrange pickup. Lutheran Community Services does not accept:
• Beds or mattresses (unless brand new)
• Large pieces including entertainment centers, hutches, bookcases, and desks
• Office furniture
• Dishes, pots, and pans
• Toys and stuffed animals
• Pieces that need cleaning, repair, or assembly (unless brand new)
Refugee & Immigrant Hospitality Organization
Email email@example.com to arrange drop-off or pickup.