In light of recent media attention and political efforts aimed at disparaging resettlement and support for refugees, our belief that “perfect love casts out fear” remains stronger than ever. Read our response.
The Frequently Asked Questions page is a great place to start to get general questions answered. We then recommend proceeding with the resources below.
• UN Refugee Blog
• We Welcome Refugees Blog
• “Refugees Encounter a Foreign Word: Welcome” (The New York Times, 6/30/16)
• “Far from the wall, Portland evangelicals go to work” (Oregonian, 2/26/16)
• “Oregon’s First Syrian Refugee Family Meets Kate Brown” (Oregonian, 2/3/16)
• “The World is Scary as Hell. Love Anyway.” (The Washington Post, 11/17/15)
• “Syrian Refugees Eyeing America See Long Waits and Extensive Vetting” (The Wall Street Journal, 11/9/15)
• “The Newest Portlanders” (Willamette Weekly, 10/1/15)
• “U.S. to welcome 10,000 more Syrians. How are they picked?” (PBS.org, 9/11/15)
• “The Refugee Crisis: 9 Questions You Were Too Embarrassed To Ask” (Vox.com, 9/9/15)
• “The Global Refugee Crisis, Region by Region” (The New York Times, 8/25/15)
• “Home” Video (Refugee Care Collective)
• Refugee Admissions (U.S. Department of State)
• Refugee Resettlement in the United States Fact Sheet (U.S. Department of State) – This page is temporarily unavailable.
• Frequently Asked Questions (Refugee Care Collective)
• The European Refugee Crisis and Syria Explained (Source Unknown)
• Unalienable Video (Refugee Care Collective)
• Seeking Refuge: On the Shores of the Global Refugee Crisis (Bauman, Soerens, Smeir)
• Foreign to Familiar (Sarah A. Lanier)
• The Invisible Girls (Sarah Thebarge)
• Honor and Shame: Unlocking the Door (Roland Muller)